Sunday, July 22, 2012

Riverstone

Our road trip took us through the towns of Oamaru, Timaru, and Ashburton.  Just north of Oamaru is an really nice restaurant called Riverstone Kitchen.  Not only is there a restaurant, but they have fabulous organic vegetable gardens, a playground including a really cool fort play structure, a bird sanctuary, and one of the largest collections of the largest collections of nicknack junk I have seen.  The  stuff sold from a pole barn made up to look like a frontier town.

Bric-a-brac hell.

The outdoor pool table


Is your home complete without this?

One of the many organic gardens.



Banks Peninsula near Little River

Rosie with the Southern Alps in the background.

That's me salmon fishing in Rakaia just before the line broke.  Can you believe the size of the fish here?

Wind powered car park light at New World in Lincoln.

 This very neat square forrest is made of pine trees for harvesting.

Climbing up to Alan's daughter's farm.  Stunning scenery.

And, of course...

1 comment:

  1. I've always said NZ was the most beautiful country on the planet. These pictures certainly haven't changed my mind but I can't say that I recall fish that big! :)

    Keep posting brother, I am greatly enjoying your posts!

    Love,
    Steve

    ReplyDelete