Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Cheesiest


As Molly's flight back to the US was a late night one, I could not get a flight back to Dunedin the same evening. I decided to spend the following day in Auckland and fly back to Dunedin on the late afternoon flight.  In hindsight, this was a poor decision because it was quite cold with torrential rain in Auckland, making sightseeing impractical. However, I did find this:

Martha's Backyard

Martha's Backyard: The American Store. Martha's carries a variety of American made items, primarily food of exceptional shelf life.  Some of the items include Twinkies, Apple Jacks, Famous Dave's BBQ Sauce, and the pinnacle of the Midwest soda pop family: Big Red.  No kidding.  Big Red in New Zealand. I understand the good people at Martha's are working on a Velveeta supply.

What did I get?  I got a box of Quaker Oatmeal, a small box of Bisquick, and a couple of boxes of Kraft Cheese and Macaroni.  I'm not that big a fan of The Cheesiest, but I am attending a July 4th party and will be able to bring a little touch of the Colonies with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment